- 1 How to protect the facebook account from hackers? this is the question which often raised to the facebook users.
- 1.1 How to protect the facebook account from hackers
- 1.2 Log out after using facebook:
- 1.3 Create Strong Password:
- 1.4 Confirm your mobile number:
- 1.5 Activate “Login Alerts”:
- 1.6 Find out, where you’re logged in from:
- 1.7 Code Generator options:
- 1.8 Be careful of Social engineering attacks:
- 1.9 Don’t fall for Phishing attacks:
- 1.10 Avoid Clicking on Spam Links:
- 1.11 Activate Private Browsing:
- 1.12 Share this:
- 1.13 Related
How to protect the facebook account from hackers? this is the question which often raised to the facebook users.
As you all know,
Facebook has become the “No. 1 social networking site” on the Internet and I am pretty sure that you are the one in those millions of users who like and use facebook.
As you may be heard, that in 2016 facebook has reached an One billion users using their messenger app on their mobile phones.
As the users increase the hackers are also increasing day-by-day and targeting many facebooks account online.Many of them are worried about secrets message in their account and some worry about their privacy. If at all your account gets access by hackers then it’s going to open a worst case scenario for us.
So we should seriously try to secure our facebook account from hackers and unwanted access to your account.
How to protect the facebook account from hackers
There are many ways to protect the facebook account from hackers and in this article, I will cover all the best and easiest ways to keep yourself safe and away from hackers.
Log out after using facebook:
Yes, the easiest way to secure your facebook account and to keep most of them away from your account is logging out of your device. Every time when access from those devices we may leave your “facebook account on” without logging out.
So there is a chance for someone to access your account. That’s why we must log out from another device.
Create Strong Password:
This step not only secures your other account but also secure your facebook account. We must create a secure password in order to be brave and strong from hacker’s attack.
Most of them will have a practice that they will keep same passwords for many accounts.But in this digital age, it’s absolutely a bad practice, we should vary our passwords for each and every online account.
We never know if one of the accounts is hacked by a hacker then he will try the same password on another network if we use the same password then he will get access to all your accounts.So it’s better to vary your passwords in your online presence.
To Change your password, go to Account Settings > General > Password.
Confirm your mobile number:
Adding a mobile number is always a best practice to keep your account safe, Most of them don’t want to share their number with others, So if you are the one in that list then just hide your mobile number and keep it personal.
But confirming your mobile number is the best way to enhance your account security on facebook.
This way even helps you if you lose or forget your password at any time.
Facebook will be able to send you a new reset code via SMS.
To add your phone number, Just go to Account Settings > Mobile > and click on Add a Phone.
Activate “Login Alerts”:
Login alerts are the best practice to get notified when anyone logs into your account.
Facebook instantly send your notification when you log into your account from a new device or browsers.
So notification is a very handy tool, You will get notifications alerts straight into your email and also into your facebook.
To activate login alerts: Settings > Security > Login Alerts and click on edit.
Find out, where you’re logged in from:
This is a good thing about facebook, it lets you know your previous active sections, where you logged in from, and what device you logged in from and which place you are logging from and it will displace with date and time as well.
It’s better to make sure your account is safe from other sessions.
To see active sessions just go to – Settings > Security > Where you’re logged in and click on edit there you can see your last session.
Code Generator options:
Facebook offer you a code generator from your mobile phone, this is useful in some cases.
You can use code generator option Settings > Security > Code Generator > then click on edit.
There will option, we can either disable these settings or enable these settings. If you still didn’t enable then just click “Enable”.
Then there will be a popup saying that “Turn on Security codes”.
Now to activate we should have a Facebook Mobile App if still not having that you can download it from Google Play. After downloading in your mobile install it and Launch the app and log in to your account.
Then tap on Menu > Account > Code Generator > Add App.
Then finish setup:
Then your Code Generator is active and now facebook will simply guide you through those steps easily.
If you want a new code:
Simply launch your app,
Tap on Account > Code Generator > and code will appear.
Be careful of Social engineering attacks:
You must be cautious with these types of attacks,
Social engineering is the psychological process to take information from the people and perform fraudulent and suspicious practices with the received information.
These type of attacks are mostly occurring by the person who knows about the victim.
In Social engineering attacks, people will try to trick you and attract you to give your personal information
- Asking personal information by saying you got selected in blah.
- They send spam messages and also offers to know your information.
- They send emails that for security purpose please change your facebook password etc.
So these are just some kind of stuff and they even implement more tricks so you must get through these techniques logically. The simple and best way doesn’t give any unnecessary information even if you got a message from facebook also don’t give info.
Don’t fall for Phishing attacks:
Phishing attacks are one of most used and commonly seen attack from hackers so we can see how to protect the facebook account from this type of attack.It’s under social engineer attacks, phishing attacks commonly used to target users information by sending “ A trusted looking but fake link”
Yes, they will send the same URL but they will change the URL’s slightly.
Let’s see how to protect the facebook account from phishing attacks:
- Never tempt for thrilling offers and give your information.
- Never ever log in from third spam party apps.
- Use updated version of your browser that has an anti-phishing blacklist. Ex: Mozilla Firefox, IE 8, Edge etc.
- Use unique passwords for accounts and never use the same password for multiple sites.
- Check before you logging in to any site: just login only from its official page, never go too wrong looking links.
Avoid Clicking on Spam Links:
Facebook is a serious place to get lots of content and views on many topics but there are a number of people who will publish all the spam and phishing links that will redirect you to fake websites.
There will some malicious link which can gather your personal info and also harm your PC.
There are some effective ways about to protect the facebook account :
- Just don’t be a clicker and click all the nonsense stuff which don’t give any mean to you, Just never click on suspicious links, even the links came from your friends also don’t ever click them. Usually, most of the links are automatically produced without senders concern so it’s better to get rid of suspicious links.
- Log in only at facebook.com and don’t log in from any other links or website unless you are accessing an authorization for your facebook App.
- Update your browser to its latest version to ensure you are safe and up in security level.
Activate Private Browsing:
This is another way to prevent other person or hackers from your account,
Each and every browser will have “Private Browsing” Option so just activates them to browse privately.
Then you all search activities will be private and will not be stored in the browsing history and cookies.
Let’s follow the below simple points to protect the facebook account more points:
- Protect your password, don’t ever share your password with other’s.
- Don’t download every unnecessary link to see spam.
- Run anti-virus in your system.
- Try to remove cache in your browser if your system is used by others.