- 1 BHIM the UPI Payment app-How to download and use
- 1.1 BHIM App – How to Download and Use
- 1.2 How To Use BHIM App For Digital Payments
- 1.3 Sending money
- 1.4 Request Money
- 1.5 Scan and Pay
- 1.6 BHIM App Supported banks
- 1.7 About Bhim App
- 1.8 BHIM App – How does it work?
- 1.9 Features of BHIM App
- 1.10 Send / Receive Money
- 1.11 Check Balance
- 1.12 Custom Payment Address
- 1.13 QR Code
- 1.14 Language
- 1.15 FAQS about BHIM App answered
- 1.16 What is the transaction limit?
- 1.17 Is my bank not in the list?
- 1.18 How much time transaction process takes?
- 1.19 Are there any charges to use BHIM App?
- 1.20 Is it available for all platforms?
- 1.21 New Features of BHIM App
- 1.22 Biometric-based Aadhaar Pay payment module
- 1.23 Share this:
- 1.24 Related
BHIM the UPI Payment app-How to download and use
PM Modi launched BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) app on 30th December 2016. The app was launched in a DigiDhan Mela held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium in New Delhi, India. To know how to download BHIM app, continue reading this post.
BHIM App – How to Download and Use
To download BHIM app follow these steps:
- Go to play store using this link.
- Click on Install and wait for the download to complete.
- Once installed open the app.
- Select the preferred language among English and Hindi.
- Click on NEXT.
- Again click on NEXT
- If it asks for permissions, click allow.
- Tap on “let’s get started”.
- Now verify your mobile number.
- Make sure that mobile number to get verified is in your phone. Also, note the same number should be registered with your bank.
- Select the sim card in case you have a dual sim mobile.
- Click on next.
- Your mobile number will be automatically verified.
- Enter a 4 digit passcode.
- Confirm the 4 digit passcode.
- Select your bank.
- You will get a list of bank accounts registered with the number and bank you selected.
- Select the bank account you want to use with this app.
Now using BHIM app you can send money, receive money or make payments for your purchases by simply scanning a QR code.
How To Use BHIM App For Digital Payments
You can send money using BHIM app by two methods. The first method is the phone number or the payment address of the recipient. Make sure that recipient is registered with UPI.
The second method is by entering the recipient name, account number, and bank IFSC code.
You can request money from anyone using two methods. One is by entering the mobile number or payment address. The second method is by generating a QR code for a particular amount.
Scan and Pay
BHIM app allows users to generate a QR code which can be scanned by other users to make payments.
BHIM App Supported banks
Following are the Supported Banks for BHIM App to make digital payments.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- KarurVysya Bank
- KotakMahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
About Bhim App
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). It is made in India and dedicated to the service of the nation.
BHIM App – How does it work?
Register your bank account with BHIM, and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA), and you can simply start transacting. Yes! It is that simple.
Features of BHIM App
Send / Receive Money
Send money to or receive money from friends, family, and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non-UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
Custom Payment Address
You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
BHIM app supports English and Hindi languages only. They may be adding more languages in future.
FAQS about BHIM App answered
What is the transaction limit?
Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
Is my bank not in the list?
The banks listed are registered for UPI. If you can’t find your bank in the list, it means that the bank has not yet registered for UPI.
How much time transaction process takes?
It takes place within seconds.
Are there any charges to use BHIM App?
There are no charges for making the transaction through Bharat Interface for Money.
Note – Your bank might, however, levy a nominal charge as UPI or IMPS transfer fee which is not under our control. Please check with your bank for more details.
Is it available for all platforms?
Bharat Interface for Money app is currently available on Android (Version 4.1.1 and above) and iOS mobiles (Version 5 and above).
They may soon launch it for other platforms as well.
New Features of BHIM App
In its second update, BHIM has included some cool features.
- Now BHIM app is available in 9 different languages.
- Aadhaar number can be used to transfer money through this app. However, the Aadhaar of the beneficiary should be linked to a bank account.
- You can block a person who sends the span ‘Collect request’
- You can also report any issue through this app.
The updated version—1.2 — is now available on Play Store and has added seven new languages — Odia, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, and Gujarati. This is beside the existing English and Hindi languages on which BHIM was initially launched on the Android platform.
The new version offers enhanced security features, superior user experience which makes digital transactions much more safe and secure, he said.
Biometric-based Aadhaar Pay payment module
The government has enabled the Bharat Interface for Mobile (BHIM) app with Aadhaar and plans to launch the biometric-based Aadhaar Pay payment module in the coming weeks, seeking to accelerate the drive toward digital money transactions in the country.
Aadhaar Pay service will enable people to make and receive payments using their Aadhaar number and the biometric technology, obviating the need to carry mobile phones for payments.
Aadhaar Pay service will enable people to make and receive payments using their Aadhaar number and the biometric technology, obviating the need to carry mobile phones for payments
With this Aadhaar Pay, people will not require carrying their phone for payments. They can visit any merchant, share their Aadhaar number and verify themselves using biometrics to pay and receive money.
Is it crossed Million Downloads
BHIM app has ranked by Number 1 app downloaded in Google Play store. Yesterday that the app had crossed over two million downloads in just three days and now the app has crossed another milestone and has been downloaded over three million times.
The CEO of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant announced the same via twitter and also revealed that the iOS version of the application will be launching in 10 days time. Additionally, he also mentioned that multi-language support is also coming for the application soon.
Since launch, the BHIM app has been ruling the charts on Google Play and users have already made over over 5 lakh transactions using the app. The BHIM app, just like competitors PayTM, MobiKwik and Freecharge helps eliminate the need to carry cash around and is an important move towards making the Indian economy cashless.