Best educational apps for Android
Mobile technology is the best technology for all the period of time. It has a lot of advantages. You can use your smartphones and tablets to learn new things and develop your skills too. Here are the best education apps for Android.
It is one of the best educational apps for Android. It contains more than 1000 courses which are developed by 140+ colleges and universities around the world. You can start learning all the programming languages such as Python and also learn various topics including photography and music.
It allows you to stream the lecture videos online at any time and also it offers the features to download and view it in offline.
You can attend quizzes and assigned projects for the concepts you have learned. It provides the facilities to learn in various languages including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, enrollFrench and Russian.
After completing the course successfully you will get the certificates and it helps you in the job search by submitting to your employers.
Advance your career or continue your education in subjects like:
- Computer Science: Programming, Mobile and Web Development
- Data Science: Machine Learning, Statistics, Probability and Data
- Business: Accounting, Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Sciences: Robotics, Chemistry, Nutrition, and Medicine
- Art, including Design, Photography, Music, and Creative Writing
and hundreds more!
Joining Coursera is free. To qualify to earn a certificate enrol in a range of Specialisations by paying per course or Specialisation. It crosses more than 5 million downloads. Many educationalists are recommending this educational app for effective learning.
Read more: Top 5 Health and Fitness Apps
It is the best educational apps for Android which is next to Coursera which has many experts all over the world including such as Harvard University, MIT, UC Berkeley, Microsoft, Linux and much more.
It provides free courses in computer science, engineering, history, psychology, nutrition, big data, statistics and hundreds more.
With EdX you can fix the schedule for learning the concepts. It helps you to advance your career and also provide on demand skills which really helps to start your career in your field.
- Learn from the best instructors from more than 70 global universities and institutions
- Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
- Download course videos to watch anytime
- Test your knowledge with basic quizzes and exams
- View course announcements and handouts
- Follow along course videos with closed captions
- Education and tutorials on your schedule
COURSES IN SUBJECTS LIKE:
- Big Data
- Business and Management
- Computer Science
- English Composition and Language
- English Grammar
- Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- High School Math
- Leadership Training
- Programming (Python, Linux, Java, C+, Scratch)
- Preparation for AP Exams
Google Play Books
Google Play Books is the best educational app designed by Google. It makes the digital reading easier. You can access millions of bestsellers, textbooks and many customizable features.
* Preview free samples from millions of books including romance, comics, mystery, sci-fi, young adult.
* Read your books, comics, and textbooks on Android, iOS or from web browers also
* Read Discover, a daily feed of book news & stories with articles from Slate, Vox, the Google Play editors, and more (US only)
* Customize your reading experience by choosing your preferred font, text size, or page color, and make late night reading easier on your eyes with Night Light
* Rent or buy digital textbooks and study better with integrated Google Search, rapid Skim Mode, Quick Bookmarks, and the ability to easily sync your notes and highlights to Google Drive.
Khan Academy is the another education app which has 1000 videos contains explanations for subjects like Maths, science,economis.history etc.,
It has more than 40,000 interactive practice questions to help you study effectively and make yourself strong in that subject.
It provide synchronisation between Android and khanacademy.org website to make this app up-to date.
The feature that distinguishes it from Coursera and Udemy is that you don’t have to subscribe for online lectures.
Read more: Top 10 iOS Apps 2016
TED is the most popular non profit organization. It provides not only the educational videos but also the many useful counselling videos.You can explore more than 2,000 TED Talks from celebrity people, by topic and mood, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
- Browse the entire TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages.
- Listen to episodes of the acclaimed TED Radio Hour podcast, a co-production of NPR and TED.
- Log in to your TED profile to sync saved talks on all devices.
- Download video or audio of talks for offline playback.
- Bookmark talks for later.
- Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists.
- Let us build you a custom playlist, tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
- Play on your device or send to your home entertainment system via Chromecast or with Android TV.
Read more: Best free iphone launcher for Android
It is the learning educational app package for programming. Their specialisation is in computer programming.
It is thw best educational app that I have ever seen. Their courses are very specific and in-depth analysis. Their course materials are developed by experts such as Facebook, Amazon, Google and much more. It also allows you to study offline by downloading all the course materials for free. It delivers the world class content.
Udemy Online Courses
Similar to other courses it has more than 13 million students worldwide and also has 40,000 courses taught by expert instructors. It has courses over 1200 plus topics from Web development to Photography. It provides Question answer interactions like Quora website and helps you to clear doubts immediately.
Free and Premium Courses available in:
* Web Development including HTML, CSS
* IT & Software
* Data Science
* Business and Finance
* Office Productivity including Microsoft Excel™
* Health and Fitness
Feedback from the websites
“A must-have application for people who are looking to learn more things.” – Android Authority
“With its new app, Udemy now allows users to browse and sign up for both free and paid courses, giving them access to video lectures, articles and presentations while on the go.” – Tech Crunch
“Enabling students to enhance their skills and education while on the bus, or while waiting at the doctor’s office, makes education even more accessible.” – Venture Beat
It is the best educational app among all the educational apps.It is very helpful to find lecturers from independent professors, scientists, researchers and working professionals. You can search a topic and find the many number of videos related to that. You can search from “How to boil a water” to “Nuclear Science”. The comments sections is also filled with people who can answer your doubts and queries. It lets the users to save videos for Offline viewing.
You can search from “How to Boil a water” to “Nuclear Science”. The comments sections are also filled with people who can answer your doubts and queries. It lets the users save videos for Offline viewing.
VOLT stands for Vocabulary Learning Techniques. This app is manily useful for who want to improve their English vocabulary skills. It helps for students who are preparing for exams like CAT, MAT , GMAT , GRE , SAT , SSC, Bank PO, BBA, BBS, BCA, CET, GATE, IAS, IBPS, IELTS, IES, TOEFL, UPSC etc.,
The app sports a neat interface, and offers various learning methods like, “Learn from memory key”, “Learn from gif”, and “Learn from video”. You can also revise the words and take a test to determine your progress. I really liked learning new words in VoLT because the explanation is pretty entertaining. The app also lists synonyms and antonyms of the words, which is a nice addition.
Many millions of people getting smarter every day with the Curiosity app. It’s the best way to explore infographics, articles, and videos that keep your brain sharp. Plus, it’s completely free!
The Read, Watch and React are the main interesting things in this app. This content is currently available only in English.
It hleps you to learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Hebrew, Welsh and English.
It is free and easly way to learn the languages. It uses comprehensive methods to teach languages and gives you exercises and quizzes to test your knowledge.
So, readers, those were the best educational apps for Android. You can learn about almost any topic using one of these apps. I really like Youtube and Udacity but what about you? What do you think of the list? Let us know your thoughts and your favourite educational apps in the comments section below. Also, if you think I missed out on a popular app, feel free to drop a comment below.